Hunting from a tree is not the most suitable option for everyone as harness hunting can be scary or uncomfortable that is why hunting with a tripod deer stand is preferred by many.
Finding the best hunting tripod deer stand can be overwhelming because of all of the marketed features. Down below is the list of best tripod deer stands you can buy, with all the pros and cons.
- Millennium Tree stands T100 10 ft. Aluminium Tripod Stand
- Ultra-lite tripod
- Built to hold up to 300-pounds.
- The platform measures 20-inches wide and 17-inches deep.
- Weighs 36-pounds.
- 360-degree seat
- 10-foot height
- Smart construction
- Seat Swivels at 360° (20″ x 17″ x 17″)
- Easy to set up in under a minute
- Sturdy Design
- Height-adjustable (10’)
- Flip-Up Footrest included
- Great for rifle and crossbow hunting.
- Padding for added comfort
- Non-sink, no-slip feet
- While this stand walks for rifle hunting, it is also perfect for bow hunting
- Lightweight design
- Easily adjustable
- Most comfortable
- Footrest included
- Quiet setup
- Easily folds for transportation
- Great for two people and with plenty of space
- Has a four-sided shooting rail
- Extremely well built and long-lasting
- Easily adjustable sitting options
- Extra comfortable seat
- 360-degree rotation for an unobstructed view
- Large, non-sink, and easy to climb steps
- Manufactured with aluminum with a durable powder coating to ensure reliability
- No camo to conceal it from deer.
- You have to buy an extension
- Quite expensive and even though it is lightweight, it is not as portable as a hang-on stand.
- Shortest tripod
- No gun rest is being provided for comfortable shooting
- Smaller platform in the form of chair only
- Some consumers found that old and young people had slight trouble getting in and out of them
- Rivers Edge 14′ Perimeter Pod
- Curtain height is 32.5 inches
- Platform size 36″ x 36″
- Seat dimensions 20″ x 12.5″
- Seat height 20″
- Ladder stance 20″
- Step distance 14″
- Weight 145 lb.
- 14 feet maximum height for wide vision
- Capacity 300 lb.
- Maximize stability and visibility without compromising safety
- Camouflage covers save you a few bucks
- 20″ Ladder Stance large and secure to carry your weight conveniently without wobbling.
- A higher hunting points
- Rock-solid “X” cross bracing, which delivers full stability
- Swivel 360 Seat
- Perimeter Pod delivers superb comfort
- Built-in armrests
- Breathable seat
- Flipped up shooting rail
- Tartuffe mesh swivel seat
- Padded flip-up shooting rail for a comfortable experience
- Steel construction for longer usage
- Tough to climb into the seat
- Platform size of 36″ x 36″ leaves a small room for gun
- Heavyweight tripod deer stand option
- Difficult to carry and store
- Small room size
- Big Dog BDT-300 4837-0010 Command Tower Fishing Equipment, 16′
- 16ft Roof-Skirt-Rail
- Padded seat, a padded backrest, and armrest, the Big Dog tripod Stand
- 14′ height design
- Seat boasts a 19″ x 11-3/4″ platform size
- Capacity: 130 lbs
- Weighs 131 lbs.
- Excellent view of your environment and get a perfect look at the deer below.
- Comfortably padded shooting rail for maximum comfort to reduce noise.
- Biggest platform with the most comfortable due to its platform of 37″ x 37″ design.
- The stand features a custom intrusion defender guard to deter the unit from being stolen in your absence
- Assembly is relatively easy
- Padded backrest cushion
- Padded shooting rails
- Bolted leg design
- Padded swivel seat
- Easy to use
- Sturdy layout with padded backrest cushion
- Padded shooting rails for comfortable usage
- Non-skid option to prevent accidents
- Padded swivel seat for 360-degree rotation
- Didn’t include a camouflage skirt
- The seat feels a little uncomfortable
- Flipped up shooting rail is absent
- Heavyweight option
- Difficult portability
- BIG GAME TP9000 13′ Apex Tripod, Camo/Black
- Heavy-duty, flexible steel tripod stand
- Seat and shooting rail rotates 360° – follow game easily
- 13′ tall
- Padded shooting rail – flips back or removes completely
- Seat: 19″x14″
- Platform: 36″ diameter
- Weight: 115 lbs.
- Your optimal comfort in any location of your choice without the need for any tree for setup.
- Seat size of 9” x 2”x 14
- Adjustable armrest and leg
- Stakes to deliver rock-solid stability
- Sports a coverall you can buy alongside the Stand to give you a complete closure when added to the apex tripod.
- Coverall blind moves 360° simultaneously with the stand.
- While the Apex displays a 10-inch height, it also offers a height extender kit you can buy separately to raise the stand to 17 feet if you want more height
- The height extension kit has extension legs and support bars, giving you an additional four feet without jeopardizing the strength and safety of the stand.
- The ladder is actually under the platform instead of on the side, making it hard to get in or out of the stand.
- Lip up Shooting rail
- Padded seat and armrest
- 360 swivel seats
- Full ladder for easy access
- Rock-solid adjustable legs
- Included overall
- Height extended kit
- Harder to get in and out
- Turning around and climbing
- Guide Gear 13′ Deluxe Tripod Deer Stand
- 94 x 50 x 8.5 inches
- 112 Pounds
- 300-lb. Weight capacity
- Comes in handy in areas where trees are scarce
- Large platform (34″ x 34” foot platform)
- Trapdoor designs enhance easy entry and exit.
- Whisper quiet 360 swivels cushioned with pad
- Adjustable height 13” inch height of the Deluxe Tripod Deer Stand
- Fully welded steel frame
- Easy entry and exit when climbing up
- Heavy-duty design due to its 112 lbs. Weight.
- Underside platform door
- Rock-solid steel construction
- 6 position adjustable legs
- Comfortable backrest door for comfortable sitting and easy access
- Gigantic and takes a hell of a time to assemble due to lack of clear direction
- No camo
- Seat size of 34″ x 34″ is quite uncomfortable for big guys
- Powder-coated finish design to prevent it from rust and corrosion.
- This stand is still susceptible to rust if you leave it under the element often.
- Packaging is terrible
- Heavy-duty design due to its 112 lbs weight
- Lack of clear direction for easy installation
- Shooting rail not great for compound / recurve bow
- A bit noisy
- Shooting rail is a little bit tricky
- Bolts and nuts are susceptible to rust too
These are some of the best Hunting Tripod Deer Stand available in market. You can choose the one which aligns with your requirements. To conclude you need to keep in check the following factors: weight, visibility, size, rotating seat and sturdy design. Happy shopping!